Discounted order forms for Human Rights and Social Justice (2nd edition, 2017) - 40% off latest price:
Discounted order form for Asia
Home Page - Purposes of Website Creating a Human Rights Culture
The purposes of this website are to:
(1) discuss the DEFINITION and RELEVANCE of a human rights culture;
(2) provide summaries of select major HUMAN RIGHTS DOCUMENTS;
(3) provide LINKS to additional resources for the human rights/social activist;
(4) give examples of SOCIAL ACTION STRATEGIES to implement human rights principles;
(5) provide examples of students’ and others’ STUDENT RESEARCH/ACTION PROJECTS;
(6) provide information concerning the AUTHOR’S WORKS, including primarily books, articles, and presentations;
(7) provide other VIDEO links to videos, interviews with human rights/social justice advocates, music, photos, and anything that might be useful, if not, just plain fun;
(8) provide the opportunity to contact the author through a CONTACT ME page; and
(9) to make comments on his BLOG PAGE.
In brief, this website is to serve as a portal to knowledge and activities that ought to move people to direct non-violent social actions to create a socially just world, constructed from the pillars of human rights. Whereas its audience might be primarily persons in the helping and health professions, particularly social work and public health, more specifically those interested in a more or less generalist orientation in their practices, this website ought to prove useful for the “educated layperson,” from a variety of disciplines, backgrounds, and nationalities, though we are all world citizens.